Movin’ On Christmas Card 2016
Merry Christmas Movin’ On fans!
2016 has been a great year with many significant steps forward for our beloved TV show.
- Movin’ On is now streaming on Hulu, Yahoo View, PROClassicTV. Youtube is streaming four episodes with more being added regularly!
- Movin’ On merchandise is available at our own Zazzle Store
- The Movin’ On / In Tandem Museum is open in Wake Forest NC and has already attracted 200 visitors
- Our Facebook page continues to grow. We now have almost 3000 followers.
- Barry Weitz attended his first Trucking Show this past summer and had a great time.
- Barry and Mark were interviewed on Sirius/XM Radio on Freewheelin‘ and The Jay Thomas Show. Re-listen to them by accessing our blog posts
- Movin’ On was featured in articles by Overdrive Magazine, It’s About TV, and Television Obscurities. You can find them on the blog page as well (except for The Overdrive article. That link will be posted soon)
- Bill Bazen remains “Amazen”! He continues tracking down locations, fan photos and stories, and vintage Movin’ On newspaper clippings and posting them on the Official Historian Facebook page
- And of course, Barry continues to publish his memories and random thoughts on Movin’ On. All of which can be read on this website’s Episode Guide.
Upcoming in 2017
I’m going to take a risk here. I’m going to break one of my rules because I’m so excited about Movin’ On’s future. I expect Producer approved DVDs of Movin’ On will finally be available in 2017. I also anticipate that the success of those DVDs will allow us to remaster In Tandem, Movin’ On’s TV movie pilot! If everything works out, we will be thrilled to present In Tandem to fans for the first time in over 40-years, at the quality you deserve.
We are also looking forward to new dramatic audio production of the classic shows. Some details are still to be worked out with our partner, Colonial Radio Theater, but if all goes as planned, fans, both old and new, will be downloading Movin’ On audio dramas and listening to them on the road in 2017. To be clear, these will be brand new productions of the existing episodes. That means new actors, sound effects, and except for Merle Haggard, new music. We hope truckers everywhere will enjoy content specially created with them in mind. I look forward to the day when a trucker can listen to Movin’ On at the wheel of his rig all day, then curl up comfortably in his sleeper at night and watch Movin’ On on DVD.
Because of Barry’s incredible experience and Brad Wike’s Southern Classic Truck Show, we are striving to arrange appearances for Barry and the Big Green Kenworth at a show or two in 2017. We are aiming for The ATHS National Convention in Des Moines, The Mid-Atlantic Truck Show in Louisville, and The Great American Trucking Show in Dallas. Maybe we’ll even make it back to Brad Wicke’s with the rig this time! Stay tuned for details.
Lastly, thanks to Bill, I’ve been in touch with a photographer in Astoria, OR who found a box of large format pictures he shot in 1974, when Movin’ On was in town. This means there are new, never before seen high quality images from the episodes filmed around Astoria. We are working to bring them to the fans.
That’s it for now. Barry, Bill, and Mark wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year.